Share and Enjoy
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!
Share and Enjoy
1. What is local SEO?
2. What is the need to do it?
3. How to do it?
What Is Local SEO?
Basically local SEO can be defined as various strategies required to be performed on website to make it rank first on local Google searches. Either you have small or large business with target on a particular country, state or region you need to optimize your webpage according to local SEO for serving the purpose to rank well in local searches.
No business owner wants his words to be heard or seen by non- interested eyes and ears; this is where local SEO helps in focusing on right customers and particular area for your business according to your services you provide.
I will discuss various local SEO strategies and web page optimization further below.
What is the Need of Local SEO?
You have understood What is local SEO, now it’s time to reveal its need. Before understanding its need first we need to understand what happens when we enter our search in search bar of Google and hit enter, Google basically uses your IP (internet protocol address) as a factor to give you results, it will only show you those results which are appropriate for your area. In simple words Google takes physical location of searcher in to the consideration before showing results. For example if someone is searching “restaurants” in California Google will show restaurants in California only and if someone is searching for restaurants in India it will show “restaurants” in India only, which states that Google results matters according to the country or region. Now if you search for restaurants from your mobile Google will not search according to your city then it will search for places near your current location so that you can reach their fast and easy. To make it understand I will use following example to make it more clear.
Suppose you have business of a coffee parlor in California and think how much beneficial it would be for your business when someone searches for coffee parlors in California and your website comes at first place locally. So this is how if you are a business owner with particular region in target then you need to do local SEO to your website, above example disclose the need of local SEO.
How to Do Local SEO?
The answer of this question always remains dark or unclear but today I would like to answer this question with best of my experience and knowledge.
Have a look on the following points.
1. Optimize Your Website
Start local SEO by first optimizing your website for having good ranking in local search results.
• Make sure your website has clear and accessible WebPages and links so that Google or users won’t face any problems to accessing it.
• Link important pages to home page.
• Have proper XML and HTML site maps so that Google crawlers can go where ever they want.
• Introduce robort.txt in your website.
• Internal linking will add plus point in your website.
• Find and Repair broken links.
Fill Your Website with Quality and Good Content:
Make sure your website has good content which describes services offered by you and other related information. Make your each web page loaded with title and description.
Be sure to add “alt” tag in your images and never over use a particular phrase this can harm your website, just be descriptive about what you offer.
Give Google a reason to come back and crawl your website aging up updating it frequently and give your visitors authority to have contact with you by giving them your email.
2. Make Your Visitors Contact You Easily
Provide complete business address details and other related contact information so that your visitors can reach you easily and display it on each web page of yours. And if you have a physical address, add a Google sitemap on your website. You can also add comments so that your visitors can comment also; the main thing is let your customers join you.
Spread Your Business Information
Let Google and Visitors know you. Internet is a means where you can spread your business fast by listing your business in following sites:-
1. Local Directories or Local Citations Sources
2. Google Local
• Local directories and citations:-
Internet is about information more you spread about your business more Google will know about you. There are thousands of local directory websites are available, submit and list your business there with your business name, postal address, phone number, description of services, photos, working hours and other related details. Make sure to provide only correct information. Because of these directories Google as well as visitors will know you.
• Google Local:-
Basically Google places for business is a high authority website by Google itself it lets you to register your business with related images and details of your business and sends you a post card for verification. This will help Google and customers to know about you more.
If you don’t have a proper physical address or you work from home you can hide your address but still have to verify your details but the difference will be people won’t come and knock your door.
Take Control of All Your Business Information:-
If in any case you face change in your business address or phone number then be sure to update your directories also. Don’t let any barrier to come in-between you and your customers. Frequently update your contact and related information if any occur.
3. Social Media
Never forget to promote your business, promote your- self and got promoted by your customers. Register your business with most famous social websites like
1. Google+(first preference)
Let your customers to get engaged and interact with you. Add share buttons in your websites. Let your customers to leave reviews about you on Google+ and related top social channels media. Frequently add latest updates on your business in these websites and even tweet them. The main thing is to get interaction with your customers because a good word from your customer can get you lots of business and will help to earn trust easily.
Social media is very powerful weapon in Local SEO. Once you are promoted here it will promote you automatically. Do simple but effective. More you let your customers engage with you more popularity you will get.
Share and Enjoy
All of the work that used to be done in previous years to make a website rank well has now been eliminated because Google is getting updated frequently for providing better quality results to its users and compete with other search engines. And still performing black hat techniques on the website can even harm your website and decrease your website importance to rank.
|Links count as votes.
Go, get more links for your website!
- Do you have target keyword in page title?
- Do you have target keyword in your content or article?
- Number of links pointing to the page?
- Are links coming from high domain authority websites?
- links should be created naturally with your brand
- the page, you are going to take a link has relevancy with your niche
Share and Enjoy
The list is sorted from most to least by followers quantity:
1. Reg Saddler – Just a guy who loves Social Media, Tech, Photos and Humor. Want to know what our company does: The 1st Rule of Fightclub: you don’t talk about Fightclub. Following: 140822 | Tweets: 367004
2. Danny Sullivan – Editor of SearchEngineLand.com, covering Google, SEO, PPC and all aspects of search engines and search marketing. Following: 2714 | Tweets: 32901
3. SEOmoz – The Web’s Best SEO Software, Tools, Resources and Community. Following: 1124 | Tweets: 16135
4. Neil Patel – I’m Kind of a Big Deal Following: 51487 | Tweets: 5473
5. Search Engine Land – Follow us for news about Google, Bing, Yahoo, search marketing (SEM), search engine optimization (SEO), paid search (PPC) & how to use search engines better! Following: 30 | Tweets: 19321
6. Gerald Weber – Professional SEO -Social Media Enthusiast -Link Builder – Entrepreneur – Blogger – Skydiver – Always a student! Following: 62531 | Tweets: 35026
7. Avinash Kaushik – Author, Web Analytics 2.0 & Web Analytics: An Hour A Day | Digital Marketing Evangelist, Google | Co-Founder, Market Motive. Following: 88 | Tweets: 88
8. Rand Fishkin – CEO + founder of SEOmoz. I tweet 50-75X/week primarily on inbound marketing, SEO, startups & entrepreneurship. Following: 75 | Tweets: 12808
9. Aaron Wall – SEO + U = Win!!! Following: 268 | Tweets: 5796
10. Dan Zarrella – HubSpot’s Social Media Scientist. Following: 9140 | Tweets: 14829
11. Danny Whitehouse – SEO at Mindshare. Following: 33900 | Tweets: 24828
12. Lee Odden – Author: OptimizeBook.com CEO @toprank Online Marketing w/ insights on strategic Social Media, Search, Content & PR. Proud dad, world traveler, foodie. Following: 3141 | Tweets: 23048
13. Sean SEO – Internet Marketing Blogger with more time to blog than makes sense. Following: 40699 | Tweets: 10902
14. Joost de Valk – I build & tweak websites for performance, SEO and conversion, often using my WordPress plugins. Blogger, speaker & podcaster. Live in NL with wife and 3 kids. Following: 953 | Tweets: 22400
15. Matt Sawyer – London and Surrey based social media junkie. Part time blogger full time timewaster. Head of SEO and Digital Marketing at Datadial. Following: 20835 | Tweets: 9306
16. Brett Tabke – Founder @pubcon and @webmasterworld Inc. – passions: Community building, Conferences, Affiliate, Speaker, Author, Coder, ML programmer. Following: 17047 | Tweets: 10528
17. Kristi Hines – I am a freelance writer, blogger, and social media enthusiast who shares blog marketing tips at http://kikolani.com and personal tweets @kristihines Following: 15476 | Tweets: 15209
18. Vanessa Fox – I write and speak about search a lot. I own Nine By Blue, where we mix tech + data + search + user experience. Before that, I built Google webmaster central. Following: 303 | Tweets: 5408
19. Brent D. Payne – Former Tribune SEO Director. Now owner of BaldSEO, LLC a social media and SEO consulting firm. Proud father of Luke Payne and fiance of @spicymarina. #BaldSEO Following: 5833 | Tweets: 34091
20. Barry Schwartz – Search Geek. Following: 1044 | Tweets: 27788
21. Unbounce – The DIY Landing Page Platform: create, publish and A/B test landing pages in minutes with no coding or IT. Built for marketers, advertisers and designers. Following: 17271 | Tweets: 11448
22. Ann Smarty – (Guest) Blogging addict and excited owner of MyBlogGuest.com (the free community of guest bloggers!) – follow our official account as well @myblogguest Following: 3072 | Tweets: 15143
23. Bryan Eisenberg – Marketing Optimization expert, keynote speaker and New York Times best selling author, columnist. Following: 10038 | Tweets: 5449
24. Daron Babin – Learn SEO from the Rockstars who helped build the industry. Daron’s been doing SEO since 1996 and is joined by Chris Boggs @boggles of Rosetta. Following: 25089 | Tweets: 11198
25. Michael Gray – Sometimes I feel like a bot, sometimes I don’t … Wingman to @sugarrae Following: 218 | Tweets: 50533
26. Patrick Altoft – Director of Search at Branded3 a leading SEO & digital agency in the UK. Also blog at blogstorm.co.uk Following: 321 | Tweets: 6223
27. Sarah Carling – Co-founder of ObsidianEdge, remembered everywhere as the ‘crazy ginger chick’ internet marketer, blogger, and ranter at Following: 000 | Tweets: 000
28. Jill Whalen – CEO, High Rankings – a pioneer in SEO Consulting. If you like my Tweets be sure to sign-up for my informative and free SEO email newsletter by clicking here: Following: 742 | Tweets: 14082
29. Jordan Kasteler – Online Marketing Strategist for PETA / Internet Marketer / Entrepreneur Following: 216 | Tweets: 6255
30. Dave Naylor – Head of Search Marketing – Bronco.co.uk – Speak at lots of conferences on SEO. Bronco is a leading SEO, Web Dev & Design Agency which I run with @beckynaylor Following: 586 | Tweets: 8006
31. Matt McGee – Executive News Editor at SearchEngineLand.com & MarketingLand.com, speaker, marketing consultant, founder of atu2.com, author of ‘U2: A Diary’, husband, dad… Following: 506 | Tweets: 14998
32. Joanna Lord – VP of Growth Marketing at SEOmoz, social media lover and blog enthusiast. Sleeps rarely. Caffeinates often. Following: 998 | Tweets: 33163
33. SEOptimise – UK search marketing & social media agency. Check out our latest blog posts at http://www.seoptimise.com/blog. Following: 7294 | Tweets: 1787
34. Bas van den Beld – Search and social speaker, strategist, trainer and publicist. Following: 376 | Tweets: 23515
35. Jon Henshaw – Jon Henshaw – Co-Founder & Chief Product Officer (CPO) for Raven Internet Marketing Tools. I’m also this guy when I’m feeling surly: @henshaw Following: 6951 | Tweets: 8763
36. Ian Lurie – Founder & CEO of Portent, Inc. Speaker. Internet Marketer. I blog at http://www.portent.com/blog. I tweet marketing & news 5-8 times/day. Following: 4981 | Tweets: 21124
37. Todd Malicoat – Student, Teacher, http://todd.at/seo Consultant, Domainer, Lifestyle Entrepreneur, Fisherman http://MiamiFishing.com SEO http://www.stuntdubl.com Following: 622 | Tweets: 5511
38. Ralph Tegtmeier – Dominating search engines since 1996. SEO consulting (white hat/black hat), services & software development. Link building. Automatic content generation. Following: 4958 | Tweets: 115326
39. wilreynolds – Founder @seerinteractive LOVE helping clients grow their biz LOVE building links LOVE helping others in the community LOVE my team LOVE my wife & dog. Following: 356 | Tweets: 12586
40. Will Critchlow – I run Distilled, enjoy cooking, playing basketball and drinking whisky (in nearly any order) Following: 1052 | Tweets: 11435
41. Kate Morris – Search Engine Marketer, Longhorns Fan, Ford Mustang Lover. Following: 659 | Tweets: 21088
42. Jason Kneen – Creator of @tweet4me, @buffer4me, @appcookies • Web/App/Mobile Developer • #Appcelerator Titan • Co-creator of two gorgeous kids. Following: 156 | Tweets: 30532
43. Rhea Drysdale – CEO of Outspoken Media. SEO, link dev and ORM specialties. Ginger kid. Based in Troy, NY. Florida native. Following: 6990 | Tweets: 15022
44. Tom Critchlow – Move. Think. Create. Following: 799 | Tweets: 12928
45. Gabriella Sannino – International Organic SEO Content Strategist | Global Marketing Analyst | Speaker | Owner of Level343 – Si, sono Napoletana. Following: 1611 | Tweets: 48950
46. noah kagan – hi* Following: 158 | Tweets: 5361
47. Jake Langwith – SEO junkie, social media geek, gadget lover & photography nut. MD @stonecartersem Following: 8947 | Tweets: 12556
48. Rishi Lakhani – I am just your average guy interested in SEO and knowing people. This twitter a/c is explicitly me and only me. Following: 555 | Tweets: 27857
49. Marty Weintraub – Author, Speaker, World Traveler, Loves Sonoma, Napa, Oregon, NoCal, Nantucket, BWCA & My Awesome Family. Following: 364 | Tweets: 14820
50. Alison Zarrella – Boston girl and shopaholic living in Las Vegas. Social Media Manager @cosmopolitan_lv. Co-author of The Facebook Marketing Book from O’Reilly. Following: 2519 | Tweets: 15554
51. Richard Baxter – Director / Founder – SEOgadget LTD [A UK SEO company helping people & organisations succeed in search.] Following: 110 | Tweets: 10199
52. Jennifer Sable Lopez – Mom, SEO, geek, lover of nutella, buddhist wannabe. Community Manager at SEOmoz. Following: 655 | Tweets: 28004
53. theGypsy – SEO Consultant and IR geek – seen in USA Today, Wall Street Journal, Search Engine Watch, Search Engine Land and many more. Following: 1819 | Tweets: 12476
54. Arnie Kuenn – CEO of Vertical Measures a search, social & content marketing services company. Frequent speaker. Author of Accelerate! Hiking, travel, football, basketball. Following: 684 | Tweets: 18504
55. Danny Dover – Obsessed Writer at LifeListed.com, Author of Best Selling Book ‘SEO Secrets’, Senior SEO Manager at AT&T and former Lead SEO at SEOmoz. Following: 656 | Tweets: 3039
56. Michael Dorausch – Yes, I’m a real Los Angeles Chiropractor (ADIOLA). Also Planet Chiropractic guy, SEO Speaker, Distance Runner, Author and Photographer. Following: 152 | Tweets: 31972
57. Bill Slawski – Passionate about search, patents, the environment, music, and life. Following: 2872 | Tweets: 7439
58. Dr. Peter J. Meyers – I’m the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs. I may not look like much, but I’ve got it where it counts, kid. Following: 872 | Tweets: 29699
59. Lisa Myers – CEO at SEO & Social Media Agency; Verve Search. Founder of the blog SEO-Chicks.com & co-founder of StateofSearch.com Following: 837 | Tweets: 4464
60. MyCool King – Director of Inbound Marketing at iAcquire (Former SEO at Razorfish and Publicis Modem) Making Your Website Money Since 2006 Following: 422 | Tweets: 16997
61. Carolyn Shelby – SEO Director at Tribune, internet marketing strategist, speaker, great big geek who still writes code w/ vi Following: 390 | Tweets: 13305
62. Kristine Schachinger – Undercover tech, accessibility, standards, usability, SEO geek, Speaker PubCon, SMX, SES, DWE & SXSW Til then ‘see’ me each month @ SearchEngineWatch.com (+SAR). Following: 5673 | Tweets: 63761
63. Alan Bleiweiss – Forensic SEO Consultant, Blogger, Author, Speaker, and snarky rant specialist. Following: 466 | Tweets: 52559
64. KeyRelevance – KeyRelevance Online Marketing company offers SEO, PPC, analytics, and more. Christine Churchill has a personal twitter account at @chrischurchill Following: 5261 | Tweets: 1522
65. Kevin Gibbons – Speaker, blogger and founder of content marketing agency @quaturo Following: 583 | Tweets: 8688
66. Roxanne Darling – Writer, artist manager, host beachwalks.tv, speaker, social media strategist, founder @smchi, divine openings giver, @divinerox, photo @tracywcorvo Following: 5728 | Tweets: 16915
67. David Wallace – Founder & CEO of SearchRank – a full service search & social media marketing firm providing Internet marketing services since 1997. Following: 925 | Tweets: 10899
68. steveplunkett – Sr. Search Scientist @rockfish Dallas, Texas #whitecoatseo #gamer #analytics #socialmedia #digital #search #strategy #blogging #coffee Following: 4063 | Tweets: 73301
69. laura lippay – Gal w/ a unique past & spectacular future, advisor, content marketing, Pres. @howsyourpony, fascinated w/ intersection of future tech + marketing. Following: 652 | Tweets: 5847
70. Gianluca Fiorelli – SEO Consultant, SEOmoz Associate & State of Search blogger. Father, Choco Addict, loving Movies and his site. Following: 286 | Tweets: 28741
71. Matt Siltala – Founding Launcher of Avalaunch Media | @avalaunchmedia specializes in Content Marketing, Infographics, Social Promotion | SEO, & PPC | Search Industry Speaker. Following: 281 | Tweets: 37067
72. Mike Grehan – Group Publishing Director Interactive Marketing at Incisive Media. Following: 1954 | Tweets: 1518
73. kelvin newman – I organise #brightonseo, wrote a free (and awesome) book on link building called ‘Becoming a Clockwork Pirate’ and present itunes most popular marketing podcast. Following: 827 | Tweets: 11951
74. Paul Madden 3 – UK based SEO – formerly @seoidiot Following: 2238 | Tweets: 22532
75. Martin Macdonald – Inbound Marketing Director. Following: 93 | Tweets: 14002
76. Jim Boykin – CEO of Internet Marketing Ninjas. http://www.internetmarketingninjas.com and CEO of the Developer Shed properties. Following: 571 | Tweets: 229
77. Tad Chef – I help people with blogs, social media and search both in German & English. Following: 873 | Tweets: 11348
78. John Doherty – Entrepreneur. Traveler. Head of Distilled NYC. Photographer. Climber. Skier. Kingdom follower. I get things done. Following: 299 | Tweets: 21598
79. Branko Rihtman – Am I bovered? Look at my face, is my face bovvered? Face? Bovvered? Following: 808 | Tweets: 50092
80. Samuel Crocker – ADD Extraordinaire. SEO, Online Marketing, Football… Oh look- a shiny penny! UK based, regularly wear my heart on my sleeve. Following: 421 | Tweets: 17595
81. Adam Sherk – SEO / PR consultant, helping news & content sites with enterprise SEO, audience development & social media marketing. VP SEO & Social Media @ Define Media Group. Following: 1972 | Tweets: 4396
82. Paddy Moogan – Aston Villa Fan. Born in Birmingham, live in London. I work for Distilled as an SEO Consultant. I’m into anything related to SEO, sports, travelling. Following: 743 | Tweets: 5274
83. Ruud Hein – Web publisher, WordPress geek, SEO. Love coffee, music, coziness. SEO & editor for Search Engine People. Following: 117 | Tweets: 22917
84. Eric Enge – Holistic Internet Marketing Optimization Practitioner Following: 204 | Tweets: 3922
85. Ciarán Norris – 30-something web & music geek: southern (English) soul boy, currently in Dublin. Following: 940 | Tweets: 22909
86. Scott Polk – Co-Founder of ObsidianEdge SEO & Internet Marketing ~ pura vida – see me at: www.scottpolk.com Following: 1339 | Tweets: 8082
87. GarrettFrench – Dad. Husband. Founder, Citation Labs, LLC a Link Building Agency and Tool Factory. Following: 102 | Tweets: 6102
88. Peter Young – Regional Head of SEO – Mediacom / Co-Founder Sascon / Founder Holistic Search / Father of 3 – Following: 1941 | Tweets: 11314
89. SEOgadget – The bot behind the blog… Following: 477 | Tweets: 694
90. dan barker – i’m a big fan of ecommerce, emarketing, ebusiness, & selected other words beginning with e. Following: 2989 | Tweets: 17693
91. Cyrus Shepard – Chief Marketer at PlaceFull – http://PlaceFull.com. SEO & Startup Marketing Man. Following: 75 | Tweets: 2504
92. Dave Peiris – I make things. Following: 393 | Tweets: 7644
93. Alex Moss – Co-Founder and Technical Director of @3doordigital. Eater of food and watcher of television. Following: 711 | Tweets: 17758
94. Dwight Z – Just trying to build links under the radar. 8) Official twitter of speaker Dwight Z. Following: 3060 | Tweets: 3134
96. Jon Cooper – I’m the link builder Google needs, not the one it deserves. http://pointblankseo.com/ Following: 180 | Tweets: 3143
97. Rob Ousbey – I’m Rob Ousbey – VP Operations for Distilled – the internet people in Seattle & London. I created @linkstant Following: 606 | Tweets: 3629
98. Barry Adams – Tweets are my own. Following: 1107 | Tweets: 15214
99. Hannah Smith – SEO & PPC & CSI & Wot Not. Taller than the Conversion Rate Experts’ Squirrel…But only just. Following: 499 | Tweets: 3934
100. Scott Hendison – Father, husband, organic SEO consultant, baseball coach, and affiliate marketer. Not necessarily in that order. Following: 342 | Tweets: 6328
101. Darren Slatten – Rank #1 in Google within 24 hours, or no money back… GUARANTEED! Following: 201 | Tweets: 1504
If you feel there is someone should be on the list I missed to add, please let me know via comment below and i’ll try to add them soon and if you liked this post be sure to follow me @rambabu234sonu for more interesting stuff on SEO.
technorati.com check code: PF4BYNRW98SU